Thursday, March 15, 2012

HELPING ANIMALS SURVIVE

Our nine-year-old niece, Isabelle, decided to take over our website for a day. We have four nieces, all beautiful and equally wonderful. And they pretty much do what they want when they're with Tio Kippy and Aunt Buzzie (that's us). Thus, the hijacked website. 

Izzy lives in south Florida, a few hundred feet from the Everglades, with her mom, dad, and sister, Chelsea. The following story and photos were written and shot by her on our second trip to the Loxahatchee Wildlife Refuge, which we previously visited last fall. From the looks of things, maybe we should hire her on as our trip photographer. 

HELPING ANIMALS SURVIVE, By Isabelle Patrick
I helped animals by volunteering to clean trash with my sister Chelsea,Tio Kip and me, of course!

One day we went bike riding for two miles and we saw a lake with fish and gators and there was trash everywhere. It was sad. When we  got home we told my mom and dad so we got trash bags and got in the car speedy quick, ZOOM! 

When we got there it was a mess. So we cleaned and cleaned and cleaned.  When we were done it was way better. I was so happy that I had helped the earth and I had fun the whole time. 

That was the time I helped the animals.

Izzy (Tio Kippy's niece)
Age 9 

PHOTOS BY IZZY (aka, Isabelle Patrick):







1 comment:

  1. totally wonderful in so many ways! I'm going to show my boys this and think of something we can do too. thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting!